Thursday 9 August 2012

Captured...

We sat there in the park waiting. It was a town I've never been to while my beloveds heart was turning over memories both good and bad. It's amazing how sitting still in one place can create such waves of emotion.

We waited for them. Those two beautiful faces that I have never seen except through photo's and he has spent years agonising from not seeing them in so long. I've heard their voices.  Laughed ridiculously with them, shed tears on the phone with them, heard them play their instruments for us, read to us, and talk with us. This moment however, would be the most precious moment in our relationship.

In that moment, we saw them peaking from behind the seats. We saw them waiting patiently to be freed from their vehicle. They tentatively walked along side before being given a nod which led to the moment he stood while they ran furiously into his arms calling his name, "DADDY!".

I stood back, hesitantly as they embraced. Four little arms wrapped up his his as the tears flowed from precious eyes. He tried to be brave, to hold back, but I knew his heart. Men are men when they allow their emotions to show they are human and I am so proud of him for the being the man He has called
him to be!






It wasn't too long before he, the one who I can only imagine is a spitting image of what his daddy was and is in actions and personality, excitedly began to show him his colouring book as they seated themselves at the dark wooden pick-nick table.





She stayed standing. Peering at me from behind the strong shoulders of her Daddy. I knew that it was okay to then step into their moment. To be introduced into our future moments at that time.

I walked toward her as she flung her arms open and embraced me. We had waited a long time and I will never forget how she held me like she never wanted to let go. I will never forget the beautiful tears that she shed. I will never forget the small voice asking his Daddy, "Is that Jessica?" right before being nearly knocked over as her and I were grabbed from the side. I will never forget that first embrace of those two who in spite of the distance are a part of Us.

I will forever be captured by this moment!




Isaiah 57:18-19


“I have seen his ways, but I will heal him;
I will lead him and restore comfort to him and to his mourners,
19 Creating the praise of the lips.
Peace, peace to him who is far and to him who is near,”
Says the Lord, “and I will heal him.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing musings from your heart...