Monday 13 May 2013

When the sun shines...

It's easy to smile when the sun shines... Feel the joy that the brightness brings to a persons heart. 

It's rays cast through that dusty window in our kitchen. As I clean this floor on my hands and knees, when I would rather bask like a cat in the warmth of those rays, I think of you and smile... Your not the mother that was given to me by birth but the one who was my beloveds first and became mine when we said "I do". 

I am thankful for you, you know? We both are. 

We love you, you know? Love that will never end. 

You have sacrificed much in the past years that I have known you and I can imagine in the years before that there was much given and taken away from the only One who has that authority. I have seen your desire change these past months, pure and honest and raw desire, to "Be Still"... how long has that been the phrase He has given you? As long as I can remember. Amazing to me that it is the same verse the Lord gave to me all those years ago when He began to tear down the walls of my heart. 

I know this command He has given you has not easy for you; you who is gifted with a true mothers heart, a heart that longs to take pain away when we both know full well God has to be the healer in some circumstances. There are just times when we have to let go and I am so thankful for your example as you learn and grow even more into a strong woman after Gods own heart. An example for all of us young women who have been placed into your path. 

I am thankful you don't walk perfectly you know, that you are realizing the freedom of not having to have every strand in place... That's the side of you and your beloved that we love best. To know that there is hope for us, that we don't have to have life together all the time. That it's okay to be messy and love imperfectly and allow ourselves to feel Gods grace in spite being undeserving... 

We can't be with you today to celebrate with you but we are thinking of you today. Praying that in this next year, the Lord would continue to bless you with knowing Him better and the beautiful woman you are by His grace. We pray that you might continue to let Him work as you present yourself to His will for your life. You have much to give, He knows that, we know that, and we look forward to seeing how He is going to move in and through you! May you be blessed with the Joy that He longs to restore to your spirit this year! 

Happy Birthday Mom (Marion)...











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing musings from your heart...