Saturday 1 September 2012

70 years young...

Today we celebrate with the gift of life that God has given these past 70 years. We thank God for you with every ounce of our being. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye and I am learning to look for the crinkle that barely shows in the corner of yours that glisten just to be sure you're not just pulling my leg.

You are a funny one and I have loved learning to laugh with you and your beloved and the one who is mine.

You are a compassionate one and I have so appreciated your open arms when those of an earthly father is what I've needed most.

You are a strong one who has sought to discern when to put your foot down because you see things different from him and I and we love you for your desire to see the best for us.

You are a gracious one who has upheld us even if we have decided against your personal preference because you love your children more that causing unneccessisary strife.

You are a forgiving one that I've seen open doors wide for the prodigal who ever so slowly came home.

You are a humble one who has come to me, to him, to us, when the Lord has laid it on your heart to make it right.

You are an example. Not of what a perfect man is because that does not exist. You exemplify rather  a man who is imperfect, broken and saved by Grace. You are an example of someone who works hard, loves deeply and seeks Him.

We thank God for you today and pray for many more years in this life to enjoy with you. And we trust that as you continue to seek after Him that the desires of you heart which alinge with Him would be granted to you.

God bless you and keep you in the palm of His mighty hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing musings from your heart...