Saturday 13 October 2012

With a greatful heart...

*** Oops, forgot to publish this post :) 


This weekend people all over this country I call home celebrated "Thanks Giving Day". Many spent hours in a kitchen basting turkeys and hams, peeling piles of potatoes, seasoning the perfect pies...

Deep dish pumpkin pie... 
I am included in this percentage of citizens. I love spending my days in the kitchen, music invading the small space of our home.  Puttering around kneading and chopping,  stirring and baking, dropping stuff and putting those things clean away... Mostly, I know how the 10 hours put in will make satisfied those hungry tummies and this opportunity to create a space for fellowship is needed for those beautiful guests who came.


Bradley's favourite... My first time making real homemade scalloped potatoes... mmmmm!

 

In this season that we celebrate the bounty of provision that our good Lord has bestowed on us I am weary and strained and sick with a cold to top it off. My head says I should feel guilty about admitting this but it's just the honest truth.

Truth... now that is something I am thankful for. Truth is not always easy but in it we find much freedom.

The truth about ones self is rarely something we enjoy acknowledging because the truth is, we are naturally pretty horrible beings. When we were created, He said we were "Very Good"... we weren't created to live a life filled with sin but rather we must endure it and learn to work through it because of a decision to succumb to it in that first generation so very long ago.

This day, after a day of celebrating friendships, family, provisions, and ultimately our Provider, I long to be grateful. I am grateful.

Grateful to know Him who is the Truth personally. Grateful to know that that "this too shall pass", this season of drought which has formed deep crevices in my spirit. I am grateful to know that the Source of living water does not run dry and continues to nourish my roots even though the levels are lower than my visible eye can see.

With a grateful heart, I do know that He cares and He chooses to bless in ways we may never know. So yes, on this Thanksgiving Day I do give thanks with a broken, tired and yet eternally grateful heart to the One who knows and loves us exactly where we are!




Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;

    his love endures forever.  
Psalm 107:1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing musings from your heart...